Yowani has three couch grass greens and lights for play at night. Two greens have sun shading and seats at each end.
Club & Bowling Green Dress Rules
Yowani actively encourages new bowlers, and free introductory coaching with one of our qualified coaches can be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
On Thursday mornings Yowani operates an introduction to bowls and social games for those wanting more experience in a supportive atmosphere. These mornings are run in conjunction with U3A. Both new and experienced bowlers attend these events and it is a great way for aspiring bowlers to get started.
Coaching is available prior to the start of play on Thursdays with notification beforehand.
If you are interested in learning to bowl or coaching, contact the Bowls Office on 6228 9733.
To download a copy of the Bowl’s Application Form beginning 1st April 2022, please click here.
Regular bowling days – all year round.
Players require neat casual dress and flat soled shoes. A club shirt for social play is available for purchase.
Bowls can be provided free of charge if you do not have your own. Yowani is an open club and all social events are open to both male and female players. Regular games are:
- Tuesday from 12.30pm – Social bowls;
- Thursday from 10.30 – 12.30 pm Social for Beginners;
- Thursday from 5.30pm during daylight saving time – “Twilight Social Bowls” with a light meal available afterwards; and
- Saturdays from 12.30pm – Social bowls.
Phone: 6228 9733 (Bowls Office) at least one and a half hours before the start of play to register. Green Fees apply to these events.
- Yowani caters for groups of Corporate, or Bare Foot Bowlers, all year round.
- All bowls equipment is provided.
- Lights on each green allow for play after work.
- Functions using the restaurant and bar facilities at the club are welcome in conjunction with bowls.
- Participants must wear flat soled shoes or play in bare feet.
- Bowls is a great way for your company to enjoy their end of year celebrations.
- Contact Andrew our functions coordinator on 6228 9729.
Vacant greens are available for roll ups and practice Tuesday to Sunday.
Yowani hosts special events each year which are open to bowlers from other clubs:
- Women’s Six A Side Medley Carnival; and
- Women’s Sports Day.
These events are usually held in March/April and October respectively.
Bowlers from other clubs in Canberra and the surrounding region are most welcome to participate.
Contact the Bowls Office – 6228 9733 for more information.
Club Championships are conducted throughout the year to fit in with the Bowls ACT program.
Yowani Bowl’s uniform is required for those competing in Championship Events.
Championships events consist of:
- Men’s and women’s Major Singles, Pairs, Triples and Fours;
- Men’s and Women’s Minor Singles and Pairs;
- Mixed Pairs and Mixed Fours; and
- Open Handicapped Singles and Consistency competitions.
Yowani fields teams in all Pennants events run by Bowls ACT.
Pennant players are required to wear Yowani uniform.
For more information regarding Pennant play and/or ACT events, click here: www.bowlsact.org.au
A very strong Travelling Bowlers Group operates at the Club and welcomes visiting clubs all year round.
For more information, contact Reception on 62289733 and you will be put in touch with a Committee Member.